Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Idea Ahoy!

I have come up with an idea.
Whether or not it is a good idea is irrelevant. The fact that I have had the tinniest iota of inspiration is cause for celebration. I'm going to bake a cake for the occasion.

This idea of mine, if you haven't guessed already, is a zombie related. But it also presents itself as an opportunity to get back into the swing of writing.

So what I'm going to do is put my other writings away for the time being and start on what I am going to call "Inspirational Stories from the Zombie Apocalypse".

My main issue with writing is that I either put too much detail into the story for further use in later chapters, or I leave out too much and risk losing the reader's attention. I once wrote a story where you didn't know the main characters name, what they looked like, how they got there, or what exactly was happening and for some reason people still liked it.

What I plan to write is an aggregation of Zombie Survival stories, written from the view of a post-post-apocolyptic survivor (so someone who survived through all the zombies and is now rebuilding society) as they wander through the wasteland of cities and corpses collecting notes, cameras, or just evidence of humanity.

The stories will range from pure horror, family values, losing morality, romance, action, survival, and any other genre I can throw some zombies into.While it may seem like just an opportunity for me to sharpen my skills, I really want to express my love of intense dialogue and body language. And the best moments for those are when you are about to get eaten by a zombie.

Because nothing says tender more than crying over your partner's half eaten corpse and confessing that you were the one who ate the last Twinkie.

1 comment:

  1. When you have a teenager your infatuation with zombies will abate.

    ReplyDelete