Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hello Motivation!

For the first time in a few months I've actually gained some motivation to write. This is obvious by the fact I posted twice in less than 2 days. Wooooah, I'm crazy like that! Not really. I used to do a post every 2 days. But back then I was young and impetuous. The world was my oyster. Or it was on a string. Maybe it was in my hands, I don't know. But I was a younger person then, so full of life and ambition.

I am totally messing with you. I'm the same person I always was, just lazier.

Not true actually, I'm entering some writing competitions coming up. How's that for productive? Eh?

The first competition I am entering is the Stringybark Humorous Short Fiction Award 2012.
I am going to attempt to write 3 entires for this by the 24th of November and hope that my random fiction will be entertaining. So far I have come up with 2 story ideas:
1.  3 kangaroos reach enlightenment after drinking some beer
2. A  David Attenborough-esk documentary told from the perspective of an alien, commenting on the human race.
3. No f**kin' idea


I'm unsure whether I will be able to come up with content for a third story, but I have hope. I also have hope that my dialogue from the perspective of three drunk Australian kangaroos who have just reached self-awareness will be entertaining enough to receive mention. If not, at least I'm honing my skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment