Sunday, November 1, 2015

Confessions of An Anime Lover



I love anime.
I looooooooooooooooooooove it.
It holds a special place in my heart and has more respect than most living humans I meet.
I love it that much.

It's not a shameless secret to be afraid of; I just appreciate the artwork, the voice acting, and the hilarity of most comedy romance shoujos. And how the story can literally be about anything and still be good.

Ninjas?        Pfft, easy. 
Gods of Death?        Plenty. 
Vampires?        Of course.
Vampires who feed on other vampires?        Please, get more creative.
Love stories?       Oh god, they're more plentiful than oxygen!
Revenge stories?       Same as the love stories. In more ways than one.
Robots?      Oh yes!
Giant Robots?      Hell yes!
Giant Fighting Alien Robots?!    OH GOD YES!
Futuristic Samurai who do odd jobs in a world filled with aliens to pay their rent?     Welcome to the party, boys!

Don't even get me started on the red headed vesper-riding chick who can make a robot come out of a dimension in your forehead just from smacking you with a guitar. Did that sentence make sense? No? Good. That's anime!

Last week I discovered the cutest anime in existence. And I do not throw that term around lightly. I say this as a 20-something year old female who loves film and television, appreciates animation, and has been immersing myself in the Japanese cartoon world since Pokemon was created. I love this anime. And for the next few lines of text I'm going to squeeee as hard as I can over it because for the first time in a long time I felt a tender squeezing of joy in my heart which has not occurred since I was a little.

Ore Monogatari



This. This is cute. The absolute definition of cute. It is impossible for anyone to watch this show without your heart growing two sizes larger. It's the story of Takeo Gouda, an unusually large, muscular, and kind-hearted high schooler who is fumbling his way through his first (and hopefully true) love.

Anyone can identify with this show. It deals with such relatable issues in love, family and relationships. The pain of wondering whether your crush likes you back. Choosing to be lonely so your friend can find love. First kisses, first dates, first everythings.

I really can't put into words how much I feel for this show without posting the entire series here to watch, so instead I will leave the link to it, and a few stills to confuse and arouse your curiosity.

I love anime.






^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment