I will not make the journey for myself or any other passenger more uncomfortable than it needs to be. I will understand things can go wrong. I understand we all need to go to different places at different speeds. I understand there may be awkward situations. Understanding these things, I endeavor to always be sensible, respect the personal space of myself and others, and will remain silent throughout the journey. In breaking these rules, I understand that others then have the right to take action.
It's just common sense. So when I get on a bus and someone not familiar with the sanctity of this law disrupts the peace, I do what any good civilian would do: I glare at them from behind my sunglasses and fantasize about killing them. Wait, that's just me? Well then you know now not to do the following:
1) When I am sitting on a half filled bus or train (usually bus) with many empty seats and . . . let me explain using my expert photoshop skills.
- I am GIR (The awesome little robot from Invader ZIM), sitting happily listening to music or staring out the window with the fairies.
- The cupcakes are other humans who are aware of the laws of public transport.
- The celery is someone who just got on the bus and may or may not have severe mental problems purely based on their idiotic behavior.
This is what happens:
![]() |
| Every damn time! |
2) When the bus is full and there are no empty seats, and everyone is well aware this particular bus usually gets full to bursting:
![]() |
| Curse you celery |
3) Unless you know the person next to you, there is no talking. Do not talk to me. You wouldn't try talking to someone in the car next to you on a freeway, nor would you strike up a conversation with someone going for a jog. Especially if I am listening to music.
If all this sounds antisocial, cynical and paranoid to you, then clearly you don't use public transport. Ride the bus once in a while and you'll wonder why nobody has actually invented a personal bubble.
FOLLOW THE LAW! THE LAW IS ALMIGHTY AND POWERFUL AND THOSE WHO BREAK IT WILL SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!
I will throw you off the bus. Don't think I won't. Nobody likes celery.



This is so good! Very funny!
ReplyDeleteThis is so funny because it's entirely true! The same thing happens at a movie theater. No matter how empty the theater is, "celery" always has to come sit by me--and talk when I'm trying to watch! LOL
ReplyDelete